PCI WiFi card not working

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by nelizmastr, Jul 23, 2010.

1. nelizmastr

nelizmastr

My network card works fine in XP, but im going to install Vista basic on this computer. I tried the upgrade advisor and everything was okay. Now.. after the install finished, I wanted to install my WiFi drivers. It turned out Vista had these built-in, so I thought: great!

Then I checked connectivity: nothing.

Device manager: detected my ethernet, but the wifi was nowhere to be seen. Also: it has a green LED on the back, which blinks when the driver isnt installed, and is on when it is, but here: Nope. its off.´

this explains why it wont show up. I figured it might be my BIOS/Motherboard not detecting the OS, and thus not finding it necessary to power on the devices. all the onboard stuff and AGP slot work just fine, but the PCI card does nothing. switching to the 2nd didnt work. put it in another XP machine, and it worked just fine,

then I reinstalled XP and that worked, so the slots work just fine,

this was quite a long story, but I hope you can help me out. (feel free to correct my English, im only a Dutchman)

Computer specifications:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.1Ghz (Venice)

RAM: 1GB Kingston DDR400

HDD: 80GB Maxtor IDE 7200RPM (2mb cache)

GPU: Powercolor Radeon HD3650

Motherboard: ASUS A8V-MX/SI

PSU: Q-Tec 300W

Wifi card: Sweex LW057 / Marvell Libertas 8335 (88w8335)

nelizmastr, Jul 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. nelizmastr

nelizmastr

anyone?

nelizmastr, Jul 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question