PC will not connect to my Xbox?

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by frustrated_beyond_belief, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frustrated_beyond_belief

frustrated_beyond_belief

Hi - really hoping someone who knows what they are doing can help me - I'm losing my mind!

I'm attempting to connect my xbox to my PC so that I can stream videos to the xbox. I have an up to date version of windows media player (v11), and have never had issues networking my pc to laptops etc in the past.

When I follow all of microsofts instructions for connecting the two, the PC (seems to) recognise that there is an xbox there, but the two just won't connect - my xbox keeps telling me that there are no PC's on the network, even though I'm able to connect to xbox live and the internet using the same router.

I've tried disabling my firewall, opening the ports recommended on xbox.com's setup page, have restared UPnP Device Host, enabled SSSP discovery, and have enabled network discovery, file sharing, public folder sharing and media sharing in my network and sharing centre.

Can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong here? I have no technical ability whatsoever, and can't follow a lot of the network engineer-type talk I find on the forums about this issue. I really want to get this working, but am uncomfortable fiddling with network settings because I don't know what I'm doing.

Can anyone in the know take pity on me?

frustrated_beyond_belief, Jun 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. frustrated_beyond_belief

TechChung

If you are using Windows, you need to go to Manage Network Connections and "bridge" the two. Highlight both, right click, and bridge. Hope that helped.

TechChung, Apr 12, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question