Packard Bell: "Upgrade to Vista & lose your warrenty"

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by FunShed, Feb 17, 2007.

1. FunShed

FunShed

I purchased a nice Vista laptop, it has the sticker "Windows Vista Capable" so I went ahead and put Vista on it, If it can support a superior OS then why not! id be stupid not to take advantage.

The sticker Lies, i later found that its only stable to run the basicsystem (Controll panels and IE. thats about it)
    - Not capable to run on the computer, Multiple drivers missing, not very capable.
    - Not capable to have duel boot, because of modified spam filled Packard Bell customised OS using the "recovery", no cds or anything.
    - Not Capable to run the basic functions of Vista
    - <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">IF YOU DO UPGRADE IT VOIDS YOUR WARENTY!!!</SPAN>

The last one is the Big diference,I was posting on forum wanting to find out why the sticker was a bit "slack" when i came to "capable" and i was told.
    </SPAN>

<SPAN class=postbody>So watch out, if your laptop breaks. They will do nothing because you upgraded, even though the sticker on the computer/laptop says you can.</SPAN>

FunShed, Feb 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. FunShed

VistaRocks

What did the documentation that came with the computer say about upgrading system? You should have had an option of making your own recovery disks of XP before you upgraded, thats what i had to do with my HP.Sorry to hear of your problems. If i were you i would contact them directly via phone, not on a message forum.

VistaRocks, Feb 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. FunShed

Antrax

Id agree with Vistarocks, but I cant seehow thisvoids yourwarranty, on the support side maybe, but on the hardware side surley they haven't got a leg to stand on?

There should still be the warranty on hardware, what if say your processor fried or your CDrom dies? they gonna blame that on you upgrading to Vistaon a "Vista capable" machine? I Dont think so.

GIVE EM HELL. ;)

Antrax, Feb 17, 2007
  4. FunShed

FunShed

^ I will once the time comes.

At the moment my laptop is working like a dream on Vista, i have 1meg free. Id of thought it would have crashed by now, working great.
    I'm going to get a friends XP cd, install that use my key, and phone Microsoft up and complain (done it before). I purchased the licence, who cares if i used a different cd, they shouldn't really, especially with new Vista out which Ive purchased.

As for the documentation, ill get some (tomorrow) quotes posted up to make it more "official" about the warranty, i feel as you do that maybe theirs a separate warranty. If so ive over hyped this, as i don't carefor XP warranty, just format and install again, Fixes all problems. lol

FunShed, Feb 17, 2007
  5. FunShed

VistaRocks

If your gonna do a dual boot, its a lot easier to start with XP first then make a fresh partition then install VISTA onsaid partition. Good luck with MS.

VistaRocks, Feb 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question