outlook 2007 appears too small or offscreen

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by moncul, Feb 14, 2008.

1. moncul

moncul

When i fire up outlook on vista, it's either too small or offscreen. The icon appears at the bottom, and only if i right-click and hit "maximize" will it appear, fully maximized. If i click "restore", it disappears. I want to be able to size the window and move it around the screen. Rebooting/restarting does not help.

Note that this is on a 2-week old computer that came with office & vista pre-installed, and i had been using outlook fine since i got it. Then this morning, this problem happened. Windows Update is running at 3am, so it did something last night (a vista update of KB937287, and a definition update for Windows Defender, KB915597).

I can't believe how flaky this stuff is.

moncul, Feb 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. moncul

WAW8

Vista will remember the size of the window and reuse that size when you launch the app again. Next time you maximize Outlook, resize it manually to a smaller size, and then, Exit the app using the menu. When you reopen Outlook, it should return to the size you just had.

WAW8, Feb 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. moncul

moncul

When maximized, it could not be resized. The fix was to right-click on the icon at the bottom, hit "size" and then use the arrow keys to resize the window. The window was on the screen, but it must have been 1x1 pixel or something as it was not visible.

moncul, Feb 22, 2008
  4. moncul

WAW8

So, is it OK now?

WAW8, Feb 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question