OptiPlex 755 Mini-Tower / Drivers Specific

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by PJAmerica, Oct 24, 2015.

1. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

PJAmerica here. I recently bought a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 755 Mini-Tower on eBay for $110. Before that I bought and owned a Dell Dimension 3000 which is a world of difference in performance and capabilities. The OptiPlex came with Windows 7 Home Premium and I love it but I also have the Vista Business Product Key on my PC as well and installed it with great ease. I didn't stick with it long though and wiped my drive. I wanna reinstall it again as my primary OS and dual boot Windows 7 as the secondary OS. My big concern is having all of the right drivers for it. DSS, Chipset, Video, Audio, etc.. This is important to me as I really wanna get Vista installed properly with the correct drivers starting out of the gate.

Dell is not very specific with me and I really find it a challenge to find the right drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have heard so many bad things about Vista but I want to install and use it and make up my own mind first. If it works then I will use it until 2017 when support ends.

Ps. I heard that my computer is backward compatible with Windows XP Professional 64-bit as well. Unfortunately I don't have a product key for it. Is there a place where maybe I can find an OEM copy for free that will automatically activate like it did on my Old Dell Dimension 3000 did? Or am I out of luck?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    PJAmerica, Oct 24, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. PJAmerica

Termingamer2JD

Windows 7 and Windows Vista are practically the exact same thing so I don't know why you'd want to dual-boot with it.
    (Except 7 is now forcing you to upgrade to Windows 10, and doesn't have its own mail client or movie maker built in)

I use x64 Vista and it performs really well on an AMD processor.

Give me the list of drivers you need and I'll create a .zip archive with all of them for you. Put it on a USB stick first so you can use them.

Vista is very good at finding drivers itself too, though.

----
    I don't know about compatibility though, but they probably won't be compatible with each other, if you already have a legal key with each OS then use them, I can't say anything else on a forum...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    Termingamer2JD, Oct 25, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Vista is the direct predecessor indeed but debating they are the same is semantics. I have use for Windows 7 and I like it. But I want to install the native OS which is Vista on it.

I need DSS, Chipset, Network, Audio, Video, etc. as described.

PJAmerica, Oct 25, 2015
  4. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Resolved. Thanks for the replies.

PJAmerica, Oct 26, 2015
  5. PJAmerica

Termingamer2JD

Good :)

I was going to make a zip file but I didn't have much time to do stuff in, and it would have been huge.

Any more questions ask here or at another community (I'm the only user who posts here now).

Termingamer2JD, Oct 26, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question