"Optiarc DVD RW AD-5530A ATA Device" Wont work

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Ross, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Ross

Ross

Hello, i cant seem to get my dvd working, its worked previously and a few months ago i system restored my laptop but still it just stopped working.

Before my system restore it did happen before but it just went away after a couple of weeks.

In Device Manager it says this:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

And i just have no idea what to do . . .

and its annoying that i cant use it. i have tried all the solution things on device manager but nothing works.

Ross

Ross, Feb 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Ross

WAW8

Just to be clear .. you said it DID work just after a system restore? Is that right?

Or are you saying that it did NOT work after a system restore?

Did you do more than one restore? If so, what happened after each one?

WAW8, Feb 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Ross

Ross

i bought the laptop, had it for about 4-5 months, dvd stopped working. about a month later it worked by it self without me doing anything.

i system restored for other problems about 2 months later.

it works for about a month, then has just stopped again.

Hope this helps

Ross, Feb 10, 2008
  4. Ross

WAW8

OK -- if something works after a full restore, or reinstallation, and then suddenly stops working, the most likely culprit is a recent Windows Update.

If you know for sure when it last DID work, do the following:

1) Write down the Windows Update numbers installed since, and including, that date

2) Remove all those Windows Updates

3) Change Windows Updates to only notify you of updates, not to install anything

Reboot

If the machine works now, reinstall the Windows updates one at a time. Reboot after each one. When the machine stops working, the last Update is the culprit. Make a note of it, remove it, and continue with the remainder of the updates.

If that is a long list of updates, it would take less time to restore to the date when the machine worked, rather than removing the updates. But you will still need to reinstall and test the updates -- one at a time.

In future, unless a device is not working, do NOT update the drivers using Windows Update; instead, get the driver updates only from the device manufacturer.

WAW8, Feb 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question