Opening ports ..

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by ash, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ash

ash

Hey all :)

After installing Vista I am finding the Bittorrent rate very slow .. I know that I might have to open a port to make it better, but am unsure which would be the best to open.

APparently there might be a range of them, would they have to be opened individually or can you define a range ... ?!

Thanks for any advice, I did use the search but couldnt find a specific answer :ermm:

Ash

ash, Apr 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ash

Vester

Iseldom use file sharing programs, but my granddaughter does. We are on aDSL at 6 Gbps down and 512 Mbps up using a Linksys WRT54G router. I <U>never</U> open any ports for file sharing. They all start slowly and increase in bandwidth as you provide more uploaded data. The more you share, the faster they give it to you.

I liked Limewire best. Be careful. I found a virus in a download of Open Office! That made me a regularPayPal contributor to Sun Microsystems. :)

Vester, Apr 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. ash

ash

I Have, through a Bit torrent site found a Patch that stops Vista limiting the amount of tcp connections, thus slowing down downloads via Bit torrent

..Click here for the link to the article

Its quite interesting, I followed it and issue solved :D

ash, Apr 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question