Opening a Browse File Window=BSOD Vista x64

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by ajw107, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ajw107

ajw107

Hi

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and am having a slight problem, every time I have to open up a file browse window (adding file file attachments, uploading stuff, etc), the computer will work for about 2 seconds, then BSOD citing tdx.sys as the error. I've not found anything out via goodle, apart from that there is a hotfix in the works for a winsock error, but I can;t see why that would be my problem if I'm just opeing a file browse window, not anything to do with networks (although I suppose everythign is now).

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and knows of a fix for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ajw107, Apr 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ajw107

Walker

only thing that pops in my mind is an error during installation that caused the file to be corrupt.

Try this

Cheers to jason on finding this

Walker, Apr 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. ajw107

ajw107

Sorry or taking so long (coming to the end of my dissertation, an activity that would be much easier without all this hastle), this has happened on two versions of vista (32 and 64) from two different DVDs and on two different computers, so I don;t think it can be a problem with the installation, but thank you for the help.

I was wondering, I did instalkl kaspersky on them both, although disablign it doen't seem to stop the problem, I'm just thinking, with it being a netowrk type driver, could this be the issue?

ajw107, Apr 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question