On startup, Windows Firewall asks to allow all sharing to be turned on.

Discussion in 'Security' started by tulsi, Jan 16, 2008.

1. tulsi

tulsi

On startup, on every startup windows firewall asks for my permission to change the firewall settings. After clicking 'OK' it then changes the sharing options from only password protecting sharingbeing on,toturning on all the sharing options. I have run a virus scan using Norton with the latest signatures with no positives coming up. From now on I do click 'Cancel' and the sharing settings remain unchanged and the internet runs fine. However this is happeneing upon every startup and is getting annoying. Also being connected to a university halls network does not help as all my files are up for grabs by another 200 people on my network.

The Code windows gives in the detail drop down menu when asking for permission is:

{E2B3C97F-6AE1-41AC-817A-F6F92166D7DD}

I must add that this has only started occuring after a vista update, however I am not sure of whether it was straight after or some time after the update.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

tulsi, Jan 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. tulsi

invisghost

Oh that does sound annoying!:p You can just disable windows firewall. Get AVG free to replace it, it is better then windows firewall and it doesnt annoy the crap out of you like windows firewall does. ^^

invisghost, Jun 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question