Office XP and Vista... Will it Work

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by jkspup22, Oct 2, 2007.

1. jkspup22

jkspup22

I recently got a new pc with Vista installed. I own a copy of office XP and I loaded it. The issue I am having is that when I open outlook, it is constantly asking me for a password. Is there a compatibility issue with Vista/XP. I dont want to upgrade and pay the couple hundred for a new office.

Any help would be appreciated...

jkspup22, Oct 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. jkspup22

kingofnexus

Theres no major compatability issues with office 03 and vista (only issue I know of is sometimes there appears to be a font glitch). The problem you have may be simply some setting incorectly set. If you have outlook set up on another computer, check that all settings are the same between each version.

I have only recently started using outlook myself (2007 version sorry!) but at which point does it ask for the password, and which password does it ask for (I assume the password to connect to your email account but I may be wrong)?

kingofnexus, Oct 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. jkspup22

jkspup22

Im actually running office xp.

The issue I have is only in Outlook. When I open outlook, a dialog box pops up asking me for my username and password (email account). Even when I enter it and save it, it still asks me for it everytime I do a start up of the application.

jkspup22, Oct 3, 2007
  4. jkspup22

WAW8

WAW8, Nov 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question