Office 2007 Slips, Is Vista Next?

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Jason, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason

<DIV class=postsub>

Microsoft-Watch, News.com, and others are reporting that Office 2007 has slipped. It will now be delivered later in the year, and will be broadly available with WIndows Vista. The question is, will Vista still be available in January, or will it slip to winter/spring 2007? Mary Jo has the scoop:<BLOCKQUOTE>

On June 29, a Vista spokeswoman reiterated: "The (Office 20007) announcement today does not impact Windows Vista timing."

Developer and partner sources have been skeptical whether Microsoft can meet the Vista targets it outlined in March. Some said they were encouraged by the improvements in the latest Vista test build, Number 5456, which Microsoft released on June 23. But others said they were doubtful that Microsoft could make all the fixes required to release Vista to manufacturing this fall.

"If it (Vista) is delayed another month, they can still get it to OEMs to be out by January," said one Windows tester, who requested anonymity. "If it is longer than that... well, they already missed the holiday season. I just want it to be rock solid, and if that means January - March 2007, well so be it."</BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll have wait and see, but if we're going to hear anything, I'm gonna bet it will be soon.

LongHornBlogs.com</DIV>

Jason, Jul 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

blackhat

changed back to office 2003. office 2007 is too slow and 2003 is easier to use cause i can find all functions

blackhat, Aug 14, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

SlippperyToy

Slow? Really? Did you install the technical refreshers? I installed those and 2007 runs like melted butter.

I feel you pain on finding all of the functions though. It will be a matter of just getting used to it!!:p

SlippperyToy, Oct 2, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question