Odd sound problem

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by tmpusr, Feb 6, 2009.

1. tmpusr

tmpusr

Hi there.

I have an odd problem i have never heard of before.

When i start up my new Notebook (which runs Windows Vista Home Premium w/SP1), i have no audio.

None whatsoever, even the Vista sound when you first see the logo after the core system has loaded doesn't make a noise.

Now, it remains like this, no matter how long i mess with the system setting or whatever else. It also doesn't give me any audio when i plug-in earphones.

Now, recently, i accidently hit the button on my notebook that will make it enter the power-save mode. So, after it had shut its parts down, i pressed a key to have it come back from hibernation, and guess what, the sound worked.

I have reconstructed this multiple times now, and it has always worked.

i.e., i'll start the Notebook and start playing some music. Nothing will sound. Then, i hibernate the PC, press a key, and the moment i see the login screen again, i hear sound.

Any idea what this is about?

It's a ASUS N50V notebook.

Thanks a lot in advance.

tmpusr, Feb 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. tmpusr

WAW8

You have SP 1 installed? If not, check out the following MS link:

[url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077/ [/url]

Yeah, I know this talks about sound NOT working upon resuming from hibernation, but the KB might fix both situations.

WAW8, Feb 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. tmpusr

tmpusr

I have SP1 installed, and this seems to fix audio not working AFTER hibernation - my problem is, that audio is not working BEFORE hibernation. :)

tmpusr, Feb 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question