Odd Audio Problem Dealing with Home Audio System

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KooKoo, Dec 13, 2007.

1. KooKoo

KooKoo

Hi everyone,

This is it. Last attempt. Been to HP, Panasonic and Microsoft. I have a relatively new HP DV9027US. The on board audio is Conexant High Def. Audio. I have an S/PDIF jack in the front. I own a retail store and installed a panasonic 5.1 surround sound system in the store. When I opened the store, we bought a 3.5mm to right/left audio cable from radio shack and simply plugged in our Mac to the receiver and the music played fine. I now need to leave the Hp at the store with media library loaded up. I simply plugged in the appropriate cable and...nothing happened, no sound. I went control panel > sound and in the sound menu I have two options: 1. internal speaker/headphones and 2. SPDIF Interface with a little icon of a receiver yet, I only get music out of the receiver when I have selected the internal speaker/headphone. Oddly enough, when I have this option selected, I can play music out of both the headphone AND SPDIF jack. There is NO NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE in terms of quality between the two. This is important because my laptop thinks I am listening to headphones so the volume only goes so high. That is, it is weak when playing over my sound system. When I select the SPDIF icon (receiver) and play a song in media, the equalizer bar next to the icon registers music, but does not play anything over the system. Why is this?

The receiver is compatible and should plug and play (according to panasonic) I have reinstalled, updated, rolled back, kissed, hugged, yelled at and then hugged again the conexant audio driver and I have updated everything else pertinent (media player, directx...etc) I am at a loss for words. When I got this laptop, I ported every song I've ever owned onto this machine. All my tool, RATM, sublime and system of the down and I really am starting to dislike the fact that I will never be able to use a home audio system with this laptop.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,

Koo

KooKoo, Dec 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. KooKoo

kingofnexus

Dont know what to suggest. Right clicking the audio sign, then playback devicesand setting the SPDIF Out to default make any difference in getting sound through it?

kingofnexus, Dec 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question