nvlddmkm.sys error code w/ BSOD on 8800 GTX!

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by nes, Mar 1, 2007.

1. nes

nes

Hello, everybody! This is my problem.... I'm not able to play games on my newly built machine! After about 5 min. I get a crash dump with an error in nvlddmkm.sys. It never fails. I'm getting very frustrated with this problem. I can't figure this one out. I'm using the 401.bin BIOS in my motherboard and I'm running 100.65 Forceware on the XFX 8800 GTX but I'm getting this BSOD during every game. Well, not every game. Dungeon Siege seems to just run forever but all my other games crash.

Can anybody help me out?

nes, Mar 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. nes

Jason

Have you downloaded the latest vista updates? Using update center?

Jason, Mar 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. nes

Hilarius

I have the same problem, I was trying to play Rise of Nations and every time it crashes. And I did install all the updates, I have renewed the drivers of my videocard and still it won't work. There are even some programs that i can't install, like alcohol 120% and Pinnacle studio 10... Does someone know how to solve these problems?

Hilarius, Apr 8, 2007
  4. nes

kingofnexus

Try going into device manager, and rolling back the driver for your graphics card to the original MS ones. Then restart and install the nvidia one again. This worked for me when my ATI drivers BSOD'd me on startup. Worked fine since.

kingofnexus, Apr 8, 2007
  5. nes

GTT

I have the same problem with my new 8800 GTX,

[​IMG]<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: #1f5080; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">But I have different situation, and I can play the games all the day with no problem. The problem happens when I put my pc on sleep mode, after I wake it up still works fine but ones I play any video I will get the BSOD like the picture below. I tried to delete nvlddmkm.sys but it didn’t solve the problem.</SPAN>

[​IMG]

GTT, Apr 16, 2007
  6. nes

kingofnexus

Bad nvidia drivers i suppose.

kingofnexus, Apr 17, 2007
  7. nes

GTT

Good News, Today April-17th

Nvidia has released new drivers for all there Graphics Cars

all for Vista

GTT, Apr 17, 2007
  8. nes

alkolkin

Various websites and a potential law suit talk about the problem of using the

8800 Series with Vista. When running DreamScene, DirectX 10.0 demos, and

video DVD's, a message pops up saying that Nvlddmkm.dll or nvlddmkm.sys has

lost connectivity and has been recovered. In some cases the computer has to

be rebooted and the offending programs not run again. In some cases, there

is a BSOD or other error messages.

Many solutions, including driver updates and elimination of older versions

of the drivers have been suggested. None of them work.

Well, for me the problem appears fixed; I installed the 7.15.11.5818 (158.15) drivers from Nvidia (which did NOT fix it) and then I simply turned off UAC!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything has been running fine for 3 hours, which is a record.

My setup is as follows:

* Hardware and software firewall, antispyware, and anti virus software

* Asus Striker Extreme

* PNY 8800 GTX -- Driver version 7.15.11.5818 (158.15)

* 2 GB Corsair Dominator memory

* OC the CPU to 3.00 MHz

* Two Raptor RAID 0 drives

* External RAID 5 backup

* Creative X-Fi gamer

I really hope that this post helps people.

alkolkin, Apr 26, 2007
  9. nes

u3912974

I get this sometimes when I switch users 8800GTS with latest drivers. I guess no solution

u3912974, Aug 12, 2007
  10. nes

Cresindo

Hey Guys.

Well after getting this error Randomly multiple times playing Madden 08 I did some searching then some testing then some more searching and then some more testing.

Basically I Tried Every single driver there is. I Changed many settings in Bios. I tried Adjusting settings in Game. Now mind you If I recieved the error I would undo any change and try to have no combinations of changing. As I'm writing this I've narrowed the nvlddmkm.sys BSOD down to this fix. Before I get into the fix let me give you my system specs.

I am using Vista ultimate 32 bit Evga~8800GTX Intel BX975XB2Intel Core2 duo E6600 2gb Gskill ram. I am running all MS Updates and Hotfixes. I have All Drivers Updated to the Most current Release. 163.75 Nforce Beta Drivers.

Ok The fix: This is the only way I can play Madden08 Without Getting nvlddmkm.sys Crash (Bsod)

****Drum Roll*** Open Nvidia Control Panel Under 3D settingsclick " Adjust Image Settings With Preview Then Down where the Animated Nvidia Graphic is Make sure you have chosen " USE MY PREFERENCE EMPHASIZING " and move the slider to Performance click Accept Click ok.

NO MORE nvlddmkm.sys BSOD.

And at what expense ? At the game looking like shit? yes, and at every reason of owning a High end pc. Sacrificing Quality becuase your machine get's what Nvidia calls " TDR " and the Graphics card must reset itself is such garbage. Anyway I'm so sorry to say this is the only thing that will work for me. I have also bumped the slider to Balanced and not gotten any nvlddmkm.sys BSOD but the second I move the slider to the the " Quality " setting bingo nvlddmkm.sys Blue screen of Death. Nvidia Needs to be made aware of this.

Hope this helps some of you. Happy gaming.

Cresindo, Oct 13, 2007
  11. nes

cyclic

This problem well was known and documented and completely resolved in May and June so nobody should be having any problems now, unless they use older drivers, don' update DirectX and never run any windows updates.

cyclic, Oct 13, 2007
  12. nes

addc182

well obviously not seeing as there are people all over the net having the same problem and looking for a fix for running DX10.

im having this problem too, still looking for a fix

768 8800GTX

Q6600 stock

addc182, Oct 14, 2007
  13. nes

betrayal

Yop guys,

Windows home premium 64 fully updated bought at N*****.com 8800gtx with also evga cnk128 sli rdy w/chipset 680 if I remember correctly...

DirectX10 SDK august.. DXDIAG does not show any error whatsoever...

NVIDIA 163.69.. Everything appear fine from Nvidia control center

Nvidia components update 15.9 (I think)

Windows vista 64 home premium FULLY UPDATED every 2 weeks or so..

As all of you I DESPAIR to find a solution with NVLDDMKM.SYS issue. Sam'o, sam'o, NVLDD... stop responding and recover while I work on 3dsmax 8.0 which is fully updated, and the same thing happens when I am ONLINE browing for whatever reasons!!!

While playing ANY 3D GAME based NVLDDMK... stop responding, blinks black then back to a locked screen quite a few times then "spooooff" blue screen with dump cash something running and states that NVLDDMKM.sys was the cause of this crash.

:crazy: I tried different methods found online to fix this issue and were all completed succesfully but NONE OF THEM WORK! :crazy:

Any solution guys???

betrayal, Oct 21, 2007
  14. nes

kingofnexus

The issue is with nvidia drivers. Uninstall and try and get rid of as much trace of them off your computer as possible. This includes deleting old downloaded ones (move them onto a flash drive or something then get it out your computer). You dont want vista to be able to install new drivers from anywhere, so keep windows update switched off. Unplug your computer from internet. Make sure after restarting your computer a few times that windows keeps using its default microsoft drivers in device manager. Then install the latest full nvidia driver release, avoid beta's if possible. This should fix everything.

If you still have a problem, one of the only things to do is completely wipe the HDD and install vista again fresh.

It may help to buy an ATI card next time, I switched ages ago and find driver support much better from them, even if their dx10 effort is not as good as nvidia, at least you can use their cards.

kingofnexus, Oct 24, 2007
  15. nes

nero

i love u cresindo

when i first opened my dell inspiron 1720, i almost direct changedin the nvidia config screen the 3d imageto quality.

after that, i went playing call of duty 4, but it crashed several times just at once, then went black, and gave the error, but i could play on after that.

when i read the topic today, i saw ur reply and i thought; hmm, that could be it,

well, it worked for me perfectly, with my nvidia 8600m GT errors all the time

ty very much

keep it up

Nero,

----------

nero, Dec 10, 2007
  16. nes

kcsimms

[Rant removed by Moderator]

kcsimms, Jan 13, 2008
  17. nes

anothervistauser

Turning off UAC worked for me, too. Thanks!

GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 shipped with my Dell.

nVidia driver version: 7.15.11.7519 (this was the most recent driver at the time of this post)

Windows Vista Home Premium

The problem started when I was running video full-screen and the machine tried to go to screensaver. You'd think Windows would be smart enough not to go to screensaver while video is running full screen, but that's a different issue...

anothervistauser, Jul 16, 2008
  18. nes

Caerius

I'm kinda nooby at this; what's UAC and how/where do I turn it off?

Caerius, Jul 22, 2008
  19. nes

WAW8

Please don't take this thread off into a discussion of UAC. I'll answer your question but you need to Google on UAC to get more details ...

UAC is User Account Control. I recommend strongly against turning it off. You do so at your own risk.

WAW8, Aug 6, 2008
  20. nes

Duckshot

Hi

I was having trouble with this error. I found after making my RAM timings less agressive, and then changing which tab the sli connector was connected to I no longer had this problem. I also turned it upside down, I recommend trying the sli connector in different positions, and If you are using one card, maybe tune down your ram, and try different voltages.

Duckshot, Aug 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question