nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by pugrun, Feb 25, 2009.

1. pugrun

pugrun

Hey all this is my first post and was wondering if anyone can help out.

Running 64bit Vista Ulimate on HP Pavilion dv9205tx Notebook.

I'm constantly receiving BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys been the file in concern from what I can gather from the BSOD. I have pretty much always solved any issue with my computers - but this one has me stumped. I have a feeling that maybe by card is simply kaput..?

I searched heaps of forums & tried numerous fixes with no luck including

1.turning off UAC

2.deleting/uninstall all nvidia files

3.Go back to restore point - which worked for about an hour

4.Reformat & reinstall of vista

5.I'm using just standard vga drivers at the moment

6.Even going back to the HP site to get the driver for my Nvidia GeForce G0 7600 (which is what I had installed when I first had the computer - does not work)

7.Tried downloading new Notebook nvidia drivers from nvidia site Version: 179.48 - which should work for my card - does not work.

8.Delete all nvidia files - let windows update find driver - then install nvidia ones - does not work

9.Tried Omega drivers instead - but always with nvlddmkm.sys bsod error upon reboot..

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas - I mean any ideas. Since I have reformated - I'm pretty much up for voodoo magic if it works..

pugrun

pugrun, Feb 25, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. pugrun

WAW8

Sorry ... but you've done everything that could be done to fix the problem, including new drivers and reinstall.

The one curious thing is that you said it worked for about an hour a trestore and then gave the BSOD. That sounds like a heat problem. But, you then said it works OK using the generic drivers, right?

This is something you will have to get with HP to get fixed.

WAW8, Feb 28, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question