nt kernel & system, netstat...

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by constantine010110, May 7, 2011.

1. constantine010110

constantine010110

Hi to all. Here's my problem, when I do nothing on my PC internet-related the netstat -aon shows no active (established) connection, and this is good. But sometimes when I am not using internet at all I see the process NT Kernel & System doing something like this in netstat:

192.168.0.1: (some port) >>>>> established on 192.168.0.2: (some port)

My PC is very clean I just formatted lately and didn't install anything yet but the updates from microsoft update... I ran a boot scan and no warnings showed up, and I am not worry about that. I simple would like a technical explanation of why NT kernel & System connect to the same IP of my router, and stays "established" for some time. I've got just a little bit of curiosity, that's all. If someone can provide me with an explanation I would be glad to hear it.

Some additional details:
    In my home network I've got 2 computers connected to the internet.
    I configured the router to give me always the LAN IP 192.168.0.2
    I access the router by typing in the browser 192.168.0.1
    When I saw the 192.168.0.1 established a connection to 192.168.0.2 the other PC was turned off.

Thanks to the one or the ones who will answer me. :)

Constantine

Last edited: May 7, 2011
    constantine010110, May 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question