now here is an extremely odd one for you!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by ictcreations, Feb 19, 2007.

1. ictcreations

ictcreations

hi all, i need some major help.

i used to be able to view every single file/folder even if it was hidden on my system drive. but here is the thing.#

yesterday i booted up and noticed that i could no longer see any of the hidden files/folders.

i have checked all the usual things like show hidden files/folders and protected system files etc and they are all checked. i have even tried unticking them and going through the process again but they still wont show up.

i know that they are all still there, firstly because windows wouldn't boot if they wern't and secondly because i have used some file recovery software to show entire directory structure and they are there and show as active and not deleted.

i don't know what the hell as happened, or what i have done but i just cant seem to rectify it.

i have full admin rights over overy thing on my drive and have even checked that also.

any chance of a solution or has anyone come up against this before and fixed it? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

ictcreations, Feb 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ictcreations

kingofnexus

hmm ok. I tried to see what options were on/off on my own system to see if i can recrete your problem. Here is the funny thing: I cant stop showing hidden files and protected folders. Unfortunately you got the bum end of the stick. ;)

kingofnexus, Feb 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. ictcreations

Antrax

Have a look herebut be aware, this is a registry fix and should be used with caution!

Antrax, Feb 19, 2007
  4. ictcreations

ictcreations

that reg fix, the key was there so i deleted it and my hidden files/folders came up.

now if i go to the options where you can select whether to show them or not, there is nothing selected. as soon as i tell it to show hidden files/folders, they immediately vanish again.

any ideas what could be causing that?

ictcreations, Feb 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question