Notification Battery icon?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by chiefwiggum, Feb 8, 2008.

1. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum

Can anyone tell me how I can activate the battery icon on the notification area? I have found its location but it is not active (its dull and not available to click). Cheers

chiefwiggum, Feb 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. chiefwiggum

WAW8

That only works for laptops -- you are using a laptop, right?

Right-click the Taskbar, select Properties, Notification Area tab, click the Power button checkbox.

If the checkbox is grayed out, you don't have a battery that can be monitored.

WAW8, Feb 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum

Cheers. The thing is that, it was there last week................ and now its gone!!!!! Yes, I do have a laptop I have tried all that already but it is now greyed out.:w00t:

chiefwiggum, Feb 9, 2008
  4. chiefwiggum

WAW8

That means some recent Windows Update removed it. Look through your history of Windows Updates to see what you installed in the last few days -- and uninstall them, one by one. Or, if you have a Restore Point, use that to reset the PC to the date when you had the functionality -- and turn off Windows Update if you have it set to automatic.

WAW8, Feb 9, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question