Not sure what happened.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Frank|e, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Frank|e

Frank|e

I loaded 5308.

I had some difficulty with my dual PCI E video cards on installation. I had to take one out to make it load.

I had no internet yet my properties showed that the LAN drivers were installed.

My mouse was very.... jumpy and "laggy".

I put XP back. I didn't have the patience to fu*k with it.

I can't be sure that my "key" was good for the build. I just have an ISO. I can't see how that would jeopardize the load of the OS.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Frank|e, Mar 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Frank|e

Jason

Sounds like you have a video driver problem. You can get the nvidia drivers here for vista:

https://www.vistaforums.com/FORUM/Topic297-21-1.aspx

As far as the internet not working, is it LAN? Is so it should just be plug and play. You plug it in and it connects to the web automaticlly. Is the lan card integrated or a pci card?

Jason, Mar 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Frank|e

F34R

I am more interested in your install. I have the same motherboard, and I also use a SATA hard drive. I've had problems installing the 5308, to the point of complete frustration. Did you have to load the SATA drivers yourself ? Or did the install take care of everything for you ?

I've gotten the blue screen several times after the first reboot durring the installation of 5308.60 .

F34R, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Frank|e

Frank|e

I'll try the vid drivers. Thanks.

The LAN is on board.

As far as the SATA, it's been confusing between the 87V8X and the A8NSLI. The A8NSLI drivers for SATA are automatic.

Should {{I know, stupid question but I wanted to ask anyway}[just in case someone else had tried it]}} I load on top of Winblows or DO I do a clean install again?

Frank|e, Mar 23, 2006
  5. Frank|e

Frank|e

Yeah... what about the "Trial version" or whatever it says at the bottom right of the desktop?

How do we get rid of that?

Frank|e, Mar 23, 2006
  6. Frank|e

Jason

You mean the "Vista Beta XX bla bla" stuff? You cant get rid of that as far as I know.

Jason, Mar 24, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question