No video displayed in Movie Maker Preview & spotty connection on 8021x encryption

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by xjuliephanx, Feb 7, 2007.

1. xjuliephanx

xjuliephanx

Running a sony vaio vgn-n220e 1.6ghz pentium dual core with 1.49gb ram, intel 915 chipset, lan express AS IEEE 802.11g PCI-E adapter

PROBLEM #1: For some reason, when I import an avi file into movie maker and I try moving into the the timeline it only adds to the audio. when I try previewing it, the screen is black and there is no picture. I can play the avi file just fine in Media player 11. Any ideas? I have the latest divx driver as well as intel 945 chipset driver. any other drivers I might need?

PROBLEM #2: On campus the connection is on and off. There are times when it won't even detect the wireless networks. We use a 8021x encryption with wep credentials (school id as login). our campus helpdesk has no vista support and many of the vaio users running home premium cannot access the wireless connection. I have the latest wireless drivers as well as the sony wireless switch device software. sony offered no help on this either so i'm kind of stuck.

xjuliephanx, Feb 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. xjuliephanx

xjuliephanx

ok i fixed the video problem, turns out the videos i had were a special anime that needed an additional video codec. The internet is still a problem though. i can receive up to 86% signal in other areas on campus but the main building where all my classes are the network is not detected at all... if anyone could please help!!!

xjuliephanx, Feb 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. xjuliephanx

Crispy

Look over the wireless network settings. you might have a setting on that might not let vista see the network properly.

Crispy

Crispy, Feb 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question