No Sound

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by onewayphil, Mar 31, 2014.

1. onewayphil

onewayphil

Hi....I have an HP a6300f w/ Vista home premium (x32). I was using it in the morning and everything was fine. Later in the day- no sound. When I hit the sound icon in the lower right corner I can see the sound moving up and down in the vertical bar. I've checked the drivers and they say they are working fine. I put the headphones in the jack in the front and no go. I'm not a computer guru or anything like it. Is there a part inside that I can change or check to fix this problem. I've read about sound cards and wonder if that could be the problem.
    Thanks....onewayphil...................................................
    I'd like to edit this post for the following reason: After posting the thread, the next thing below, an answer I thought, was a seeming fix titled "audio-driver-boost "or something quite similar. So after downloading it and finding that it was $30, I went ahead anyway thinking the problem would be solved. No such luck. It had nothing to do with the sound and had everything to do with a system scan and so-called fix of all the problems it said my system had. Well, I have Norton and I know I did not have all the malware and viruses it said my computer had. I guess it was my fault for not reading that it was simply a "google ad". As I said above, I'm not a guru or even remotely close. Any way, after downloading it I still have no sound. Lucky that it had a 30 day money back guarantee. So after un-installing it, and missing at least one icon on my desktop, I've learned a lesson. Maybe these ads shouldn't look like answers to posts.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    onewayphil, Mar 31, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question