No Audio Output

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KyoZero, Sep 23, 2010.

1. KyoZero

KyoZero

My wife's laptop is running Vista. Tonight it made a loud beep and now she has the No Audio Output error.

I've checked out the sites and none are working.

I went to device manager and checked for sound, game controllers and that doesn't exist. I have no idea how I can find out what soundcard she has as I am unable to see the card or driver. Any ideas?

-Kyo

KyoZero, Sep 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. KyoZero

WAW8

You have to start by finding out the specific make and model of the laptop. There's a sticker on it somewhere containing that info and the serial number.

Once you get that, you can either go to the manufacturer's website and look up that make and model, or you can Google for it.

Either way, you should be able to find a page containing the specs of the laptop, including the audio info.

If the machine came with Vista preinstalled, you might have a CD containing the audio drivers already, or there might be a folder on "C:\" containing the audio drivers. If so, you can try reinstalling the drivers.

Otherwise, you should go to the manufacturer's website, look for support on that make and model, and see if they have driver downloads. They usually do.

WAW8, Sep 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. KyoZero

KyoZero

Driver reinstall complete and speakers functional

thank you!

-Kyo

KyoZero, Sep 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question