No audio device

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Luvthekeys, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Luvthekeys

Luvthekeys

I have completed a clean install of Vista on my Dimension XP400 after attempting to upgrade with little success. I have encountered a problem where the audio icon on the desktop displays a message that there is no audio output device. I know the audio worked when XP was installed. I think is was something called Sigmatel. If I just download the latest driver will it cure the problem or do I have to do something else? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Luvthekeys, Jun 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Luvthekeys

kingofnexus

Downloading the latest driver will solve the problem.

kingofnexus, Jun 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Luvthekeys

WAW8

For reasons no one has been able to explain, it seems that Vista is often unable to immediately located the proper audio drivers upon installation. Give it a few days and keep checking windows update, or, if you know who (manufacturer) built your sound chip or sound board, check their website for Vista drivers.

WAW8, Jun 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question