Newdev.exe Set Associations??

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by chunkybuddha, Apr 3, 2008.

1. chunkybuddha

chunkybuddha

Hi there. I have decided to give up trying to figure this out by myself and ask the pros. It's done this with a lot of new programs or drivers I've tried to install... In this case its with my iPod I just bought. I plugged it in and it recognized there was something in the USB and asked to locate it blah blah blah and then the box pops up? Anyone help me out here?

chunkybuddha, Apr 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. chunkybuddha

WAW8

I could be wrong here, since I'm apparently one of only two people that I know that were not suckered into buying an iPod, but ... I don't believe that it will work on a PC unless you install iTunes (or some other apple stuff). The files contained on the iPod are all formats "foreign" to Windows so, of course, it won't know what to do with them.

Also, if you updated recently to Vista SP1 (like the rest of us), there's a whole new spate of USB-related problems that MS is only beginning to recognize.

There's a pinned post here on diagnosing USB problems. Check that out and see if anything there helps.

WAW8, Apr 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question