Newbie on Vista Drivers etc...

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by damien76, Aug 17, 2010.

1. damien76

damien76

Hi;

I am a newbie to this forum and a new user(late user..lol!) of Windows Vista. I got stuck with Win XP SP3 for a long time. Even my office pc is XP SP3! I got a second hand pc with Windows Vista Home installed from Dell. It was reformatted and it has no programs installed and without a modem.

Is there a driver pack availabel for Vista as in all Vista Drivers for audio/modems....? Oh by the wayI have a dial-up modem an Aztech SoftK56 Data Fax PCI Modem was wondering how can I make it work assuming it's an old modem I used with XP. Is there any tweaks I can do or something...? I use a dial-up for browsing and a prepaid plug-in modem(wireless dsl) for downloading stuff.

Can you guys help me out on this....?

Thank you!:)

damien76, Aug 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. damien76

WAW8

No, there's no such thing as a driver pack for Vista.

First thingyou can do is check with the hardware manufacturer's site to see if they have a Vista driver. IF they do not, you can then try using Windows Update to search for a driver. If that fails, you can use the Microsoft Update Catalog site to search for a driver.

If all three fail -- you're out of luck. That piece of hardware simply won't work with Vista.

WAW8, Aug 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question