newbie needs help

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by dc10, Nov 17, 2010.

1. dc10

dc10

hi guys i have a problem where on startup of my vista home premium an error box comes up showing this message c:\\windows\system32\rundll32.exe
    And i have no idea what it means or how to solve the problem. My laptop doesnt seem to have any major problems accept that i cannot access some functions in my control panel as it says that it cannot access specified device path and that i may not have the right permission to access.
    But i could access everything in there before. Ive tried malware scans and scanned for virus's have also tried registry repair programs and am having no joy
    I would be very gratefull if anyone out there has any ideas as ive run out.
    Thanks for any help. dc1

dc10, Nov 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. dc10

WAW8

Unfortunately, rundll32.exe is one of the more common malware scams. It installs to somewhere else on your driver other than the "real" one and adds tags to your shell launcher that enables some malware and disables some other stuff.

Best products I've found to detect and remove these things are the following:
    - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    - SuperAntiSpyware

Both can be downloaded and run for free from their respective websites. Would suggest you use both to be sure.

WAW8, Nov 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question