Newbie needs help....my company Outlook is not fully functional with my new personal Vista machine.

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by GPP User, Jun 26, 2007.

1. GPP User

GPP User

Newbie needs help....I am a functioning computer illiterate so please excuse my ignorance. I am having problems with my new laptop (Vista) and my companies Outlook 2003....it will let me access the our company system through the web, like normal, I can retrieve e-mails, open attachments, pretty much everything else but it will not let me RESPOND to WRITE e-mails. When I go to write an e-mail or respond the area below the subject line reserved forbody of e-mail is pale blue with with a little white box and red x through it in the top left hand corner. can anyone explain or help?

I have access to every part of our network and seemingly function with no problems...this is the only function that does not, that I am aware of.

I have talked to our IT Departmentbut they do not have any solutions....other than to dump Vista and install XP.

GPP User, Jun 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. GPP User

Jason

It's odd that an IT department would tell you to avoid the problem when in actuality it will re-surface once they move all their machines over. But are you talking about the web interface through exchange? Have you tried another browser such as FireFox. Your exchange may not be working too well with the New Internet Explorer in Vista. Go google "Download Firefox" and install it, try usingyour mail then. I bet it will work.

Jason, Jun 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question