New Vista UI updates!

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Jason, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason

[​IMG]

<DIV class=quotetop></DIV><DIV class=quotemain>The taskbar isnow thinner and has a far more transparent background. The application buttons are thinner and wider, with a faint white border. The ‘hover’ state sports a trendy blue gradient button that reminds me of the new Vista Media Center style, also the Live Preview no longer reports the name of the application on top. Overall, a subtle change over the current design, but makes the taskbar more aesthetically pleasing and cleaner. Also on a side note, there are two new icons on in the Quick Launch bar, although I do not know what they represent, presumably one is Flip 3D (right).</DIV>

[​IMG]

<DIV class=quotetop></DIV><DIV class=quotemain>It has a softer border with some outer shadows, as well as a lighter gradient on the back. The default select state has a cool blue inner glow. It is another subtle change, but makes the buttons far more attractive than before.</DIV>

[​IMG]

<DIV class=quotetop></DIV><DIV class=quotemain>The differences here is pretty big. The text is a lot smaller, thus allowing them to fit more into less space, as seen on the right. Also the search bar is thinner with a dropdown-enabled search icon. The power icon has been changed, and background changed to red. Also, various application’s icons has been updated.</DIV>

[​IMG]

<DIV class=quotetop></DIV><DIV class=quotemain>Color-coded glossy icons with a curved edge on the top left, featuring fairly recognizable icons for each of the products. A nice move away from the big square we have today</DIV><DIV class=quotemain></DIV><DIV class=quotemain>Source: Istartedsomething.com</DIV>

Jason, Jul 16, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

GMK

Where did you get the new UI. I'm running 5456 and don't see the new eye candy. How do I get my hands on it?

GMK, Jul 16, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

Jason

oh its not released yet they are screenshots circulating around that I found.

Jason, Jul 16, 2006
  4. Jason

blackhat

the turn off button from the first screenshot looks better. looks more like a turn off button than the other

wtf is groove. the office communicator looks useless to me. for communication there's alwas msn

blackhat, Jul 21, 2006
  5. Jason

blackhat

here's a dutch "UI"

[​IMG]

:p:p:p:laugh::laugh:

(ui=onion)

blackhat, Aug 14, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question