Network printing from XP Pro (wired) to Vista (wireless)

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by kraze, Mar 4, 2007.

1. kraze

kraze

I have networked my computers and worked out many issues but now I am getting an error on the XP (wired) computer when a document is sent to print from the Vista (wireless) computer. Something probably needs tweaking but I am not sure what... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kraze, Mar 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. kraze

Crispy

What dose the error say?

Crispy, Mar 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. kraze

kraze

Luckily I figured that out now I am on to something new with this printer stuff. As you can tell I am rather a novice so be patient plz. When a print job is sent from Vista (wireless) to XP (wired) connected via network. The printer appears to work yet nothingprints out. ??? So, by all means of viewing a printing document it appears normal yet nothing...??? I am currently trying a driver update in the XP to see if that makes a difference then on to whatever I can find on the www

kraze, Mar 4, 2007
  4. kraze

VistaRocks

I have the same problem that you have, looks like it wants to print but nothing happens, noerror message or anything.I went to the printers site and they dont seem to have VISTA drivers out for my printer yet. Dont know if that your problem or not.

VistaRocks, Mar 5, 2007
  5. kraze

kraze

Well an update was unsuccessful. I have unistalled the printer on both computers and reinstalled with no success either. My Vista computer prints fine if the printer is directly connected but not over network. Any ideas please.

kraze, Mar 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question