Netgear Router not connecting to Netgear powerline

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Sbear124, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Sbear124

Sbear124

Hi im having a weird problem... I have a netgear ethernet powerline adapter that i recently purchased xe1001, and xe104 and i have a year old netgear router (wireless-n 300 router WNR2000). When i established my powerline adapter everything WIRED works fine, but when i connect my router to the powerline adapter xe104 it told me to put a passcode so i went to my desktop and put a new password for the netgear adapter. I go to my laptop try to connect it and still nothing :confused: then i tried using the password i use for my modem (before i established the powerline) (the modem that my netgear adapter xe1001 is connected to) and still nothing... im thinking about getting the software for the router and installing to on either my laptop or computer but my main concern is what should i do and couldn't i just switch my router to become an access point?

p.s. i still have wireless accessibility to my modem from my desktop but it is not as strong as i want it to be if i could get wireless accessibility from my powerline

Sbear124, Aug 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Sbear124

clifford_cooley

Hi Sbear124 - Welcome to Vistaforums

Which encryption standard are you using for your wireless network? And does all your devices support this standard?
    • WEP
    • WPA
    • WPA2
    All devices need to use the same encryption in order to communicate. If you are using an encryption that one of the devices does not support, there would not be a connection made for that device.

clifford_cooley, Aug 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question