Needing permission from the Administrator.

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by michaelhaych, Dec 24, 2009.

1. michaelhaych

michaelhaych

okay, so...

I have Vista.

I'm logged on as an administrator

I'm trying to move a filefrom one folder to the next and it keeps saying I need administrator permission,I've been trying to take ownership and sofar everything has failed:

I've tried the command prompt method to no avail

[keeps saying ''file ownership cannot be applied on insecure file systems; there is no support for ACLs'']

And when I go to give myself administrative rights there is no 'security' tab on the properties window.

This is, as I'm sure you'll agree, is more than irritating as this file will not work unless it is in the correct folder.

Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE HATE ME ??

michaelhaych, Dec 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. michaelhaych

WAW8

Don't know why the universe hates you; don't want to hazard a guess.

As to your login, did you unhide the "real" Administrator account and login under that? If not, you're NOT logged in as an Administrator; instead, you're logged in as a general user with limited Admin rights.

We have a pinned post on how to unhide the real Admin account and login under that.

WAW8, Dec 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question