Need to convert french language into english!!!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by dpmaxey, Jan 14, 2007.

1. dpmaxey

dpmaxey

So far i've setup my keyboard and time and whatnot into my usual settings, but i cannot figure out how to setup my entire interface into English...it's bothering me for some quite time. I've been trying to read the stuff and cannot read it to a point. It's a valid version of Vista by the way, and i am able to download things from microsoft's website. even update it, but i need to just make my whole os interface into english.

any ideas guys???

:w00t:

dpmaxey, Jan 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. dpmaxey

vanSijll

Any ideas ??? Yes:

While Vista core is completely made of English (yes French is not that 'big anymore' these days, thanks to the mighty-web), and the GUI is made of templates called Windows Vista Language Packsit is impossible to convert an installed alternate language vista (French) into English, as a matter of fact, it is excactly the other way arround.

What you need to do is; get rit of what you have, download and install the RTM-ENU-build from msdn-subscriptions web-site, and download the same build but now from the French RTM version, on the LDF-layout (use there for IsoBuster 1.9 Professional to extract) of the DVD in the support-directory there is a Language file..., thats the one you should use to install above the English-Core. (This is the same solution that counts forMicrosoft Office 2007, when builds and version numbers are equal) (Sorry for my verry bad English, I'm a Dutch MS Vista Beta Tester)

vanSijll, Jan 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question