Need Recovery Discs for HP Pavilion DV9700 DV9823cl Entertainment notebook PC

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by AVS Richard, Feb 24, 2015.

1. AVS Richard

AVS Richard

HI,

I'm trying to refurbish this HP Pavilion dv9700 dv9823cl Entertainment notebook PC, with Vista Home Premium 32bit.
    (note that the laptop has HP Pavilion dv9000 printed above the screen, the actual model numbers are printed on the underside of the computer)

The only real problem I have found with the computer is is the HDD has failed completely, and no recovery discs were ever created.

I have the Windows OEM activation code on the sticker for the computer.

I just want to restore it to the original factory condition (I have a new bare HDD for it), but I have learned Hewlett Packard no longer provides the recovery discs for this model. HP says they only create a limited number of "Recovery Disc Kits" for a given computer, and when they're gone you're just out of luck. Evidently, nor do they provide for iso disc image download of the recovery discs for their customers. Needless to say nowadays, no Windows disks are included with a new HP computer. They say that's a good thing because you might scratch or lose them!

If you have this computer and can help me (upload .iso images to my cloud drive, or any solution you may suggest) please reply or contact me.

Thanks very much,
    R.

AVS Richard, Feb 24, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question