need help with widescreen

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by badinblack, Oct 20, 2010.

1. badinblack

badinblack

i recently reformatted my computer to clear it out and help it run a bit faster. its working great now but for some reason websites that only contain text show in widescreen mode and others like espn will get centered in the middle and the site doesn't look right. i didn't have this problem before the reformatting. i updated all drivers and did all the windows updates that i could still nothing to fix this one problem. some one help please its really bugging me. here are some pics to show what i am talking about. the zoom feature distorts the picture so that doesn't work.

IMG00080-20101019-1611.jpg
    IMG00081-20101019-1611.jpg

badinblack, Oct 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. badinblack

clifford_cooley

Hi badinblack

I don't see anything out of the ordinary. The websites are designed to be viewed at a specific pixel width. In other words the main body of the page does not stretch to different size resolutions. The larger your screen resolution the smaller the page looks.

The only thing I can think of is that after your re-install you are now using a larger screen resolution. Change your screen resolution to a smaller size and see if there is a difference in your view of the pages.

clifford_cooley, Oct 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. badinblack

badinblack

thanks for the quick reply!!! i have the setting at the native setting of 1680x1050 which is what it has always been at. before when going on all sites the entire page would fill the screen. now it seems like its just one column in the middle of the screen??? site with text only stretch to widescreen fine but others with video and such will not.

badinblack, Oct 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question