need help, Per user archived & queued Windows error report

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by quattro, Sep 9, 2007.

1. quattro

quattro

[​IMG]

i did try to remove them once and Vista was compliantly deleted from my hdd !!!

quattro, Sep 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. quattro

AmericanNightmare

It appears to be an issue with your RAID setup to me. I checked my mine however and there was no such weirdness on my disk/s with RAID 0. The reason i say this is b/c that looks to be a bit over half of your available disk even though it's obviously not really (as your actual used space is much lower from the image you posted)so agian i think it's some sort of anomaly if you will caused by Vista seeing the RAID config wrong or the RAID array itself. Is it causing any issues? Did you set up the RAID array yourself or did it come on that machine ( i ask b/c it's a Dell and i am not familiar with retail PC's these days last time i bought one they sure did not come with RAID 0 pre-configured) Anyway it may be due to how Dell set up the RAID if that's the case. If it's not causing trouble i wouldn't worry too much about it you obviously have more space available that what disk clean-up reports.

I am very new to the whole RAID game so i am sure someone like cyclic can shed more light on it for you.

AmericanNightmare, Sep 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. quattro

cyclic

I have noticed in many different scenarios that Vista does seem to not be able to count properly, running checkdisk against the volume might clear the size error up, clearly the per user settings are not taking that many Gigabytes it is a 'misreported size' I have tried to seek answers to these issues with Vista but without any concrete certainty of what's going on, I don't think it's especially worse or confined to RAID configs, I've never had it on a RAID setup but seen it several times on various Vista setups.

I have never found though that deleting them anyway causes any problem as the size reported is wrong, then I have always run checkdisk first which usually clears up the 'anomily'.

cyclic, Sep 11, 2007
  4. quattro

quattro

i did setup the raid and its reporting healthy, the only thing i did differently is i install Vista while my external HDD was connected to the PC.

quattro, Sep 11, 2007
  5. quattro

Shub

After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!

Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches

There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.

Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the Folder string.

Now, lets get to fixing it.

If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key

Right click - New - Expandable String Value.

Call it Folder and use the following entry:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive

If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key

use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue

If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key

use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive

and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key

use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue

This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the bug was back, hope this helps guys! ;)

Shub, Sep 27, 2007
  6. quattro

quattro

Shub thanks man it is finaly fixed thanks to you, in my case the folder string was missing in both " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " and " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " .

thanks again :)

quattro, Nov 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question