Need help installing windows vista russian.

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by chada, Feb 10, 2007.

1. chada

chada

My friend just bought me a Windows Vista Ultimate DVD. Unfortunately the main language of the DVD is in Russian. The main setup also opens up in Russian. I found a file called lang.ini in the sources folder on the disk and I changed it from:

[Available UI Languages]

ru-RU=3

[Fallback Languages]

ru-RU=EN-US

to

[Available UI Languages]

en-US=3

[Fallback Languages]

ru-RU=EN-US

There is a folder called ru-RU on the disc but none called en-US. After changing this file and burning the disc afresh, the setup does launch in English but if I install the system will it install the system language as English or as Russian. Will vista have the english files already on the DVD and will install as English or will I have to send the DVD Back? I have a Vista Beta 2 disc which has an en-US folder in the sources folder. Can I use this in any way?

please help

chada, Feb 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. chada

blackhat

if the main language is russian you should send it back to where you got it (if it isn't bought in Russia)

blackhat, Feb 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. chada

Jason

If you are able to install vista, once you get logged in, just download and install the language pack (there are there on Windows Update now) then change the language either on the Start Menu Language bar (if enabled) or in Control Panel. Although its going to be hard to navigate the russian but you cold do it.

Jason, Feb 11, 2007
  4. chada

chada

Thanks for your ideas

chada, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question