Need Help Installing Printer Driver

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by lford250, Sep 22, 2021.

1. lford250

lford250

Hi,
    I have a computer with Windows Vista.
    I also have an HP Officejet 6500 printer. I used to have the driver for the printer installed on my computer and everything worked fine. I used to have an HP icon on my home page that I would click onto to start using the printer.
    At some point, either the icon on my homepage and/or the driver software got taken off my computer for some reason. I'm now trying to reinstall the driver for the printer and I'm not able to do so. I ordered a driver installation disc for my printer from two different sources and have tried multiple times to install, but it never works. I even tried downloading the driver from the HP site, but that doesn't work either. When I try installing the driver, everything seems to be installing fine until it gets to 96% and then I get an error message that says, "Fatal Error During Installation".
    I thought that maybe the problem was that possibly the driver was still installed on my computer, but that just the icon on my home screen had been removed. So, I decided to try to uninstall whatever was possibly on the computer and then try installing again. When I try to uninstall it, I get another error message that says, "HP Installer Unistaller Has Stopped Working". Does anyone know how I can get the driver installed properly so that I can start using my printer again? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

lford250, Sep 22, 2021
    1. Advertisements

2. lford250

flavallee

HERE is the main support site for the HP OfficeJet 6500 series printers.
    Its "Troubleshooting" and "How to" sections should be helpful to you.

HERE is the full-feature software driver package for it.
    It is version 14.0.0 and is dated September 2014.

flavallee, Sep 22, 2021
    lford250 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. lford250

lford250

Thank you! I really appreciate your help!

lford250, Sep 22, 2021
  4. lford250

flavallee

You're welcome, and good luck. :)

flavallee, Sep 22, 2021
    lford250 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question