Need Help Downloading Apps

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by keyboardbroke, Feb 2, 2021.

1. keyboardbroke

keyboardbroke

So, yesterday I downloaded a 32-bit version of Windows Vista on my old laptop and I tried downloading some newer browsers. The problem is, or rather, problems, are that whenever I try to go on any webpage, on an old and broken pre-installed IE 7 it gives me an internet error (not literally all the time but frequent enough), and if I even manage to click the download button, it either gives me a certificate error and disallows me to even save the file, or if I do manage to save the file and try to install the .exe file, it just does nothing. Not even when running as admin. So, I can't download the majority of apps nor run the majority of pages on an antiquated browser. Any way to get out of this situation? Thanks.

keyboardbroke, Feb 2, 2021
    1. Advertisements

2. keyboardbroke

flavallee

What you actually did was installed Windows Vista 32-bit in your old laptop.

Did the install process include Service Pack 1(SP1) and Service Pack 2(SP2)?

Was Windows Vista brought up to date to its official April 2017 end of support?

flavallee, Feb 3, 2021
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question