Need help connecting to a network printer.

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Bevoholic, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Bevoholic

Bevoholic

I have a computer running Windows XP, that has a printer connected. I recently purchased a new laptop that came with Premium, to which I upgraded to Ultimate. I have tried everything to get Vista to recognize the printer on the other computer, but it can't. Can anyone help me?

Bevoholic, Feb 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Bevoholic

Danny UK

I'm not an expert on networks, but I think you'll need to share the printer so that the laptop can see it. See the link below.

Microsoft

Danny

Danny UK, Feb 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Bevoholic

Crispy

Make sure that XP is sharing the printer. If it is than go into the network window and at the top of the screen there should be a tab that leads to the settings for the network. Look at the bottom and there should be a button/list with options for sharing printers. Right above that, there is a button/list item with options that is for letting vista see and access other computers.

Sorry if this info is not entirely accurate because I am not near a Vista computer and recalling this info from memory.

Crispy

Crispy, Feb 11, 2007
  4. Bevoholic

VistaRocks

Make sure that both computers are using the same work group. Can you share other files OK? If its connected to the XP machine, then like everyone else said, make sure its set to share.

VistaRocks, Feb 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question