Myst

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by woolie, Apr 9, 2007.

1. woolie

woolie

Myst games (10's of millions sold) will not load in Vista... If they do load in some cases they will not start...

Ubisoft says it is your fault... Of after spending 10+ hours with Vista help, they have accepted no responsibility for many different problems... They love sending you back to vendors... Of course the vendors say their product worked fine under XP Pro and they did... And they do not help...

When is Vista going to step up and help their frustated customers...

The game section has no idea what to do....

woolie, Apr 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. woolie

VistaRocks

Actually it is the vendors fault that certain games don't work with Vista. Its not Microsoft's responsibility to issue updates for games put out by other companies.

Have you tried running it in administrator mode or compatibility mode?

VistaRocks, Apr 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. woolie

WAW8

Not good news for me. I've held off installing the Myst series because I've had enough problems getting other SW to work under Vista.

As to "support" (how's that for a misnomer?), the Ubisoft site states that none of their games are guaranteed to work under Vista.

They have a link on their home page to a tool that will supposedly examine your machine to see if a specific game will run on it. They also have several links to newer games that DO mention Vista in their OS list (obviously contradicting their own statements).

The only suggestion they provide is the one already mentioned -- using compatibility mode. If that doesn't work, we're SOL. Period.

WAW8, Apr 10, 2007
  4. woolie

woolie

I am in the Admin mode

How in the world did Microsoft spend billions on a OS and screw up the clock, it doesn't work either,nordoesthe mouse, took 4 hours (on line with tech support) to connect to the internet, 6hours (on line with Vista tech support) to get 1 HP printer to work, Microsoft office quits working randomly now, in the process... And my computer is 3 months old& "VISTA READY"!!!

My daughter just got a laptop from Dell with Vista last week and her clock doesn't work either...

If a simple thing like a clock won't work how can we trust the rest of Vista...

I have been with Microsoft since DOS 2, 3,4,5, 6 & yes Windows 1.0 and on and this Vista is has more problems than all the previous upgrades combined...

And then you tell me it's everybody else's problem... As a customer, I am totally frustrated by overall response of Miscrosoft...

Well I'm in charge ofsoftware purchasing where I work and trust me, Vista is not in our future...

woolie, Apr 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question