Myst IV will not load on Vista

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by woolie, Apr 7, 2007.

1. woolie

woolie

Vista refuses to load Myst IV... has anyone be successful?

woolie, Apr 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. woolie

VistaRocks

I don't know the game but have you tried running it in compatibility mode, or as administrator?

VistaRocks, Apr 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. woolie

woolie

Hi,

Myst games have been around for 10+ years and they worked on XP Pro... 10s of millions have been sold... They do not worked under Vista at all... I do not understand compatibility mode or administrator answer... That has never been an issue before....

woolie, Apr 9, 2007
  4. woolie

VistaRocks

On the exe file, right click on it then go to properties there you will see a tab for compatibility, put a check mark on run this program in compatibility mode for then make sure Xp is in the box, then hit apply then OK.

For administrator mode right click same exe file then you will see Run as administrator click that.

VistaRocks, Apr 10, 2007
  5. woolie

woolie

Hi,

I tried it, but it does not work... I tried it on two different Myst games and it failed...

woolie, Apr 11, 2007
  6. woolie

3JaneTessierAshpool

Myst IV seems to work fine on my intallation of WV-HP. Without any need for compatability settings.

3JaneTessierAshpool, Feb 9, 2009
  7. woolie

tweedle2

:w00t: Do you have a dvd r/rw unit in your machine ? If you do MystIV will not play as there is a stop condition inbeded in the load game program to stop possible copying of the game I had the same program problem and the only way around it is to change out the dvd player for a read/play only model or add one in to your system. I tried all modes possible but you can not get by the copy right protect on the game disk and the company will not change it either so there is no other help but toinstall a new dvd driver or use an older computer with a lesser dvd player that reads/plays only. Also you can notinstall the game to your hard drive either as the same problemdevelops again. I tossed the last game and have never gone back to purchase any other game by them as their policy is sell the product and if the game dose'nt work on your computer ....well that is your fault. You may try to return it I did not waste any more time on the problem as there are other good games to be had.Sorry for the bad news there isthe answer. :cool:!

tweedle2, Feb 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question