my Windows Explorer gets hangover from time to time

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by cyril, Feb 19, 2008.

1. cyril

cyril

Hi how are you guys doing, ive been digging some of the threads around and wonder if you guys have ever experienced your windows explorer deletes the whole folder instead of only deleting a few files?

this stuff happened when i was beta testing vista (ultimate 32bit) last year too, then i thought this might get fixed but seems still the same. now im on a totally different whole new machine, below is the specs

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bits

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

4095MB RAM

64 bit Operating system

the thing is i work with film editing a lot, often have to handle a lot of image sequences. then i have my whole folder gets deleted instead of the selected images. the situation gets worse you won't be able to find it anymore even in the recycle bin.

cyril, Feb 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. cyril

WAW8

Been using various flavors of Vista for well over a year and have not seen this problem.

WAW8, Feb 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. cyril

cyril

really? mm thats no good, usually we process about minimum a few couple thousands of images within a folder. sometimes it happens to like delete only a few selected ones then it deletes the whole folder with it. it happens not as often as in the beta versions but still gets very annoyed, especially you can't find it anywhere even the recycle bin (we set the recycle bin to keep the files and not delete them straight away).

man im confused.

cyril, Feb 19, 2008
  4. cyril

WAW8

Personally, I don't like how MS redesigned Windows Explorer, and was not that great a fan of how it worked in XP, either. Would recommend you look into some third-party file managment tools. Couple I use that work well with Vista are Directory Opus and Xplorer2.

PowerDesk4 is also still available, and although they didn't update it much for Vista (it's an XP-era tool) it still works. I think it's around $20 these days.

WAW8, Feb 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question