My Vista Ultimate (x86) does not recognize my Ipod!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by peterpan2k, Sep 17, 2007.

1. peterpan2k

peterpan2k

I tried everything, downloaded usbstor.inf and pasted it into Windows/Inf and Windows/System32 and then went to Device Manager, which states a device named: Apple IPod USB Device and did a manual search for all the possible places a driver could be found, but it always comes back with the same answer: “Windows was unable to install your Apple IPod USB Device” or “Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it; The System cannot find the file specified”.I also tried to Stop/Start IPod Service in Windows Management and to delete Windows/Inf/Incache.1.inf and restart and try everything again...None of this has worked so far and all the Forums I have been to have no real answersCan anyone help?

peterpan2k, Sep 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. peterpan2k

peterpan2k

Problem solved.

It turns out you can not upgrade from XP. I formated my hard drive and done a fresh install. No more problems with Ipod.

peterpan2k, Sep 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question