My new HP Pavillion latptop seems slow with vista?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by cbradley777, Feb 17, 2007.

1. cbradley777

cbradley777

I just purchased a new HP Pavillion Dv6205 us. It has Pentium Dual Core and Vista Basic and 512 DDR Ram. It seems to run slow, could it be because I have 512 DDR and not 1 GIG. I went to the store where i purchased the laptop and the computer with 1 gig runs faster then mine. Any help would be great. Thanks

cbradley777, Feb 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. cbradley777

VistaRocks

That could be the problem. Try disabling some effects. This might help speed things up a little bit.
    1. <LI>Click Start, right click on Computer, and click Properties. <LI>Click Advanced System Settings. <LI>Click on the Advanced tab. Under Performance, click Settings. <LI>Uncheck these options: <UL><LI>Fade or slide menus into view <LI>Fade or slide tooltips into view <LI>Fade out menu items after clicking <LI>Show shadows under menus <LI>Slide open combo boxes <LI>Slide taskbar buttons <LI>Use a background image for each folder type</LI>
    <LI>Close the Performance Options &amp; System Properties dialogs.</LI>[/list]

VistaRocks, Feb 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. cbradley777

bruiser

I have one also, your machine is running on one channel now ,you need to install another stick of matching ram.By matching I mean the same size like 512. Your machine will speed up alot when you do this.I put 2 sticks of 1mg in mine and it FLIES.I have the original 512 stick that came out of the machine if you are interested in it.Either way do yourself a favor and get another stick of ram so your machine can work to its potential.Make sure you buy the correct ram its pc2-5300 200 pin DDR2 SODIMM.

Good Luck

Bruce

bruiser, Feb 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question