My laptop and Vista Home Premium

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by m_kranzler11, Feb 5, 2007.

1. m_kranzler11

m_kranzler11

Hey guys, I am thinking about upgrading to Vista, but I really don't want to unless I can run Home Premium. My computer is a Toshiba m105-s3074, and has a 1.73 ghz dual core processor, Intel GMA 950 graphics card, and I have upgraded it to 1.5gb of memory. Will my laptop run Home Premium? If so how well? Also, how is the overall experience, and is it worth it to upgrade now? What are some known problems? Thanks in advance.

m_kranzler11, Feb 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. m_kranzler11

blackhat

I think it will run fine. a really important thing in vista is the ram capacity.

intel tested your graphics card on vista

and a 1.73 dual core shouldn't be a problem either

I think you'll score a 4.5 or higher on the vista performance rating (2=recommeded)

blackhat, Feb 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. m_kranzler11

Camride

He won't score a 4.5 with an integrated graphics card. I score a 3.7 with a ATI x1400, so he'll be in the high 2's most likely. Remember the score is based on the lowest score from all 5 tests, so the rest of the system may be in the 4's but if the graphics is 2.9 then the system will be rated as a 2.9.

:)

Camride, Feb 6, 2007
  4. m_kranzler11

Rammstein

I scored a 4.4 on my laptop with intergrated video card 1 gig ram.

Also using a 1gig flash disc with speedboost , even though it made no difference to score , the laptop is running faster.

Love how Vista installed 99% of the drivers without me having to find them online

Rammstein, Feb 6, 2007
  5. m_kranzler11

Jason

Like said that intel integrated graphics isnt the greatest. My laptop runs vista great, faster then xp. It has a 1.6ghz AMD turion x64 w/ 2gig's of ram and an Integrated ATI Radeon Express 200m w/ 128mb shared. The other thing is that that intel card may not support the latest directx thus you won't be able to see the neat graphics/animations that vista has. But if that doesnt matter to you by all means your system should run vista just fine.

BTW my laptop only scored a 2.0 but runs vista great.

Jason, Feb 6, 2007
  6. m_kranzler11

MeeMee_DON

<P align=left>hi, <P align=left>i thought i had a cool computer but my windows experience index based score is 4.4<P align=left>Processor: 4.4<P align=left>Memory (RAM): 5.4<P align=left>Graphics: 5.9<P align=left>Gaming Graphics: 5.9<P align=left>Primary Hard Disk: 5.8<P align=left>-------------------------------------------<P align=left>My Computer spec is:<P align=left>Pentium 4 3.4GHz HT, 3GB DDR 2 Ram, ATI 1800XTE 512MB, 250 SATA2 HHD.<P align=left>to improve my processor score what would be the best uprgade processor for me at this time? max £250 inclueing Motherboard if needed. currently i have a GIGABYTE motherbored GA-81945p-Pro.

MeeMee_DON, Feb 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question