Multiple Desktops

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Wjklsfa, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Wjklsfa

Wjklsfa

Has anyone seen or tested a program to give Multiple Desktops to Windows Vista, similar to or just like you get in Linux systems such as Ubuntu and Fedora?

I still don't understand why Microsoft can not incorporate Compiz Fusion technology into the desktop. GOD knows they already demand enough RAM and CPU to accomplish this. It's true that you would need a pretty good video card (with a fair amount of memory) to get it to work, but "multiple desktops" has been around for a LONG LONG time. I think Microsoft needs to take a bow, and say... "ok, we'll join the party" and give us the same thing in Windows.

Anybody ??? I experienced ONE such application, and within 2 hours I wiped it off of my system. It was a POOR POOR attempt, and was not worth the time to try to tweak and troubleshoot for what it actually did provide.

Wjklsfa, Jul 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Wjklsfa

HastaLaVista1

Yeah I have seen that somewhere on Youtube once, I can't post any links yet but maybe if you type in multiple desktops on youtube you will find it ?

HastaLaVista1, Apr 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Wjklsfa

blessedson_1

With VirtuaWin you can create several desktops. You can switch from one desktop to another with a click or with a key combination. What cannot be done is to send applications from one desktop to another, like you do in Linux.

blessedson_1, Jul 12, 2013
  4. Wjklsfa

Plast0000

there are 3rd party apps to do that
    MS said that multiple desktops will be included in Windows 9

Plast0000, Aug 13, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question