MSI Installer Constantly Frozen

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by thund3rstruck, Apr 5, 2007.

1. thund3rstruck

thund3rstruck

Well, I did an upgrade from WinXP SP2 a while back to RC2 and it seemed ok except that my control panel network options disappeared off the face of the earth and so I could no longer VPN into work.

So.. this morning I decided to download the newest Vista from MSDN and do a clean install. I finished the install and with no software at all on the machine I went to install ElbySoft Virtual Clone Drive so I can mount my isos and install Visual Studio. This is the same package I was using on my previous upgrade. Well, msi hangs on 'creating system restore point' forever. I let it run for 2 hours and then killed the process. I rebooted several times and still the same so I tried another msi file and it did the same thing.

I'm at a loss here. So now I have no way to install software since there is no way to install a program to mount isos nor any program to burn isos. Absolutely rediculous that I must boot to Ubuntu Linux to burn an MSDN ISO file to a CD so I can go back and install it on a windows machine....

Is anyone else having these same problems with msi files? This is an x86 laptop with UAC disabled.

thund3rstruck, Apr 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. thund3rstruck

thund3rstruck

No one else had had problems with MSI files here?

Ok, well I downloaded the Vista drivers for my laptop but since Vista cannot run any msi files, they're useless. Time to dump and go back to XP. **** Vista... if I wanted this much problems with an OS I would have stayed with Linux

thund3rstruck, Apr 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. thund3rstruck

VistaRocks

I use alcohol120 to mount iso's and burn them, they have a Vista compatible version. I realize your upset over your current situation but please go easy on the language :).

VistaRocks, Apr 5, 2007
  4. thund3rstruck

WAW8

WAW8, Apr 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question