Moving user profile from a domain to a workgroup

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by rumred85, Jun 4, 2007.

1. rumred85

rumred85

I just finishedmoving my laptop (running Vista Ultimate)froman oldwork domain to my home workgroup.

I didn't know i would not be able tologin to the domain user profile. I can login to my local admin account and got that up (in the workgroup.)The problem is all ofmy settings (Outlook .pst,Windows mail,Itunes, my docs etc) associated with the domain profile are not not in my new profile.

I would really like to just use the old profile or at least move the settings to my new profile and have been fighting with this for days.Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Paul

rumred85, Jun 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. rumred85

WAW8

User migration under Vista is very complicated. I don't claim to understand it, but can give you a reference that contains information that may help you.

Google for the "Managing Roaming User Data Deployment Guide". It's a 40-page document that goes into the details of user profiles under Vista. It's available for free from Microsoft.

WAW8, Jun 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question