moving all files or pictures at once

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by xterra3.3liter, Aug 13, 2007.

1. xterra3.3liter

xterra3.3liter

I know with windows xp you can hold down the shift key and select all the pictures you want and move them all at once, is windows vista different? I can't figure it out. I have a new acer laptop with vista. Thanks

xterra3.3liter, Aug 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. xterra3.3liter

kingofnexus

Yes, the same as XP. You can hold shift of ctrl to select the files you want to move, then release the shift (or ctrl) key and click on any highlighted item and drag it to the new location. Dont keep the shift/ctrl key down when dragging.

Use of shift key: Select the start of a series of files, press and hold shift and click the end of a series of files and it will select all files in between.

Use of ctrl key: Press and hold the ctrl key and select individual files that are not necessarily in order, you can also highligh multiple files and add them to the current highlighted list. It also used to de-highlight objects which are highlighted.

kingofnexus, Aug 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question