.MOV Thumbnail Issue

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by WhatsThisButtonDo, Jan 9, 2013.

1. WhatsThisButtonDo

WhatsThisButtonDo

I have searched far and wide for a solution to this problem. I have seen almost every post that Google and forums had to offer. None seem to work. These include Registry tweaks, installing codec packs, etc.

Here is the issue:
    Only some .MOV files produce thumbnails in windows explorer; regardless of size, date added, etc.

I have attached a screenshot of my folder. Note that only some .MOV files have a thumbnail. They all vary in size and are sorted by date added.

My process:
    When my iPhone gets a little too full for comfort, I will go through Computer > iPhone > Select all picture/videos > drag them into my folder.

Questions:
    Why are only some thumbs displayed?
    What could be the issue I am coming across?
    How do I fix this issue?
    How do I keep this from happening again?

Important Note:
    Quite some time ago when I sought for a solution to this issue, I came across a fix which did, in fact, fix the exact problem I have again now. However I am unable to find that solution any longer as the site is no longer active for whatever reason. This confirms there is a solution, but I just need some help to re-remember what it was exactly that I did.

Attached Files:

WhatsThisButtonDo, Jan 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question